Monday, April 9, 2007

Defining Style

Grab your Style !

This was the heading in Sunday Times magazine of this week.

In this article some of India's top style icons have opened their style files-must have outfits,obsessions and differentiators.

I particularly liked the definition of style ,given by these style icons.

So, I have decided to share these style definitions with you.

1)Ritu Beri
"Style is intrinsic. Style is inherent.
It's the way you talk,walk.
You could look cool in a tracksuit too."


2)Vijay Mallya
"It's a feeling.Feeling good."


3)Sushmita Sen
"It's a personal statement of comfort.
It doesn't change with season but changes with your own growth.
Everyone is so caught up with the Bo Ho of what's in what's out that we forget our own style."


4)Anuradha Mahindra
"It's ultimately a great sense of comfort.
If you can manage not to be terrorised by trends,a sense of style is your individuality.If you follow trends blindly and are not comfortable with yourself,even the latest designer wear will not appear happening."


5)Karan Johar
"Always classic.
In or out is irrelevant for me.
What I am comfortable in and what looks good on me is important.
I think it's a personal taste."


6)Raghvendra Rathore
"Style is something that we choose to disseminate as our own impression.It becomes part of our personality and character.
We're branded in life by our look and style.
When we're gone,people still remember us by our style."


7)Peter Punj
"It's your personal aura."


8)Farhan Akhtar
"Anything goes as long as its comfy."


9)Nina Manuel
"Style is always original,and to be original,it needs to stem from how you feel and how comfortable you are with how you feel."


10)Simi Garewal
"Style is inherent.It's a reflection of your own personality."


I liked these definitions,specially the one by former Miss Universe, Sushmita Sen..

I hope you will also like these definitions..

1 comment:

Aditi said...

hi.. how r u?
nice definitions of style from several style gurus..

but I think, style is strictly personal, If I like salwar kurtas, that wud me mine style, if i like to wear denim jeans with patches.. :) its again style, may be some wud never like it...