Thursday, August 2, 2007

Friends Are Forever

Hi Friends,

A very Happy Friendship Day

Yes,Friendship day is on 5th August.

Something about this Day
The United States Congress, in 1935, proclaimed first Sunday of August as the National Friendship Day. Since then, celebration of National Friendship Day became an annual event. The noble idea of honoring the beautiful relationship of friendship caught on with the people and soon Friendship Day became a hugely popular festival.

Following the popularity and success of Friendship Day in US, several other countries adopted the tradition of dedicating a day to friends. Today, Friendship Day is enthusiastically celebrated by several countries across the world including India.


Friendship day is a day to tell your friends,what they mean to you..

You can do so by sending them gifts (flowers,chocolates,Teddy bears ,etc.)
You can even sms them your feelings.

Or,simply call them and wish them Happy Friendship day to them..

In India markets are crowded with Friendship bands, a week before friendship day.
Friends give each other Friendship bands in order to show their love for friends.

People wear them on their wrist to show that they accept the friendship of the person who gave them the band..,and care for them....


Yesterday as I had gone to market with my friend ,I saw lots of nice friendship bands.






I asked my friend to buy me one and give me...you know my friend is the type of person who believes it is for kids,,so I had to ask him to buy me one..
and since ,,he knows there is a child inside me and I won't be happy without having it,he agreed to buy me one....


This is the pic of the band ,,it's nice ,,,What do you think?



Since , Friendship day is on sunday ,I think I will be going for lunch with my friend on that day to some good place....

I want to dedicate this song by Mariah Carey to my dear friend,

"Anytime You Need A Friend
If you're lonely
And need a friend
And troubles seem like
They never end,
Just remember to keep the Faith,
And Love will be there to Light the Way

Anytime you need a friend,
I will be here.
You'll never be alone again,
So don't you fear.
Even if you're miles away,
I'm by your side.
So don't you ever be lonely.
Love will make it alright.

When the shadows are closing in
And your Spirit deminishing,
Just remember you're not alone,
And Love will be there
To Guide you Home.

(Chorus)
If you just believe in me,
I will Love you endlessly.
Take my hand.
Take me into your Heart.
I'll be there forever, baby.
I won't let go.
I'll never let go.

Anytime you need a friend,
I will be here.
You'll never be alone again,
So don't you fear.
Even if your miles away,
I'm by your side.
So don't you ever be lonely.
It's alright.
It's alright. "



I also have so many friends ,,in this blogging world,,to whom I want to wish through my blog,I am wishing them Happy Friendship Day..I think there is no need to name them ,,as they will understand themselves after reading this post....
Friends who visit my blog ,read my blog ,,give their valuable comments on my blog,,,Friends who have always motivated me to keep writing my blog!


This is what I want to say to all my blogger friends,

""I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I'm surrounded by angels but I call them my nice friends. ""


"HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO ALL OF YOU"

11 comments:

prajyot said...

happy friendship day..!!!

Vivienne said...

Good to know! I hadn't heard of Friendship Day. Thanks for sharing it!

cm chap said...

Hey.. Happy Friendship Day. Thanks for ur comments n my blog..Yah surely will write abt Canada VS India

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a beautiful friendship day! I'd like to have one here in france but it doesn't exist! Beautiful blog Sweet Girl! I fame your blog!

Japrin said...

thanks for the Friendship Day wish! May the Almighty God always be with you there!

cm chap said...

No updates?

Anonymous said...

Never hear of Friendship Day before - don't have it in Norway - but it is a brilliant concept!

Btw: Thanks for Faming both Me and My blog. You are listed on my BTF post of course!

sandip said...

Hi Friend. I just read your blog. Chk out some of my friendship day postcards, and make some of your own.

Sophiagurl said...

Happy Friendship day Sweet Girl! Hugs and kisses =)

Jan Pieter said...

Happy friendship day too my friend..!

am i late???

I'm no log-in and no blog for so long, Caused my busy. keep in touch my friend.

J@n!ce said...

I'm quite good at making those friendship bands when I'm young. It is really HOT. However, I have forgotten it now.

Thanks for the friendship post :)

Janice Ng