Tuesday, September 25, 2007

When the two met

This Friday was a great day,
It was a day I will remember all my life.

Yes,,it was the day when my boyfriend and my father came face -to-face..

First,let me familiarise you all with the background..
My friend is going abroad(U.S.) as he has got a job there recently.He will be coming back in December Holidays..So,he wanted to meet my dad and talk to him about us.

At first ,my father was reluctant to meet him,he said let him come back then we will meet.But I said,"He is coming tomorrow..that's it...".It's not that my dad doesnt know about him,,or he is against our relationship ,,but I think he was feeling awkward...So,he tried to evade the situation,,,but I persisted and so,finally he gave in to my wishes...

So,the meeting was fixed,Friday 21 september,2007,,8:15 pm/8:30 pm.My friend (sweetu) was invited for dinner...His flight was on 24th september,,so he was quite busy with so many things,,but still he agreed to come as he was eager to meet my father...

Actually ,my father was a bit angry with him, as he was going there alone,,leaving me here...So,I told sweetu in advance about the situation..

So,both the people were very uneasy about the meeting..

I started the arrangements in the evening,,took out special dinner set,changed the sofa covers and table cloth,,washed the artificial flowers in the room..cleaned the room,cleaned the carpet,,and so on...gave instructions to cook as to what to cook for dinner...


The time came ,,I called sweetu and asked him when is he coming..
He said ,"No,electricity,,please wait ..I will come soon.I have to iron my clothes,etc."

So,at 8:45pm he left his home to come for the meeting.
On his way,he kept asking me ,,what will your dad say,,should I say this,or that,etc.And I guided him as accurately as I could.

He arrived at 8:55pm,I opened the gate for him,,I wished him good luck..So,he entered the drawing room after me,,He touched the feet of my father and greeted him saying "Namaste"(this is how we indians greet each other).And I think that was the turning point of the whole meeting..my father seemed quite overwhelmed by sweetu touching his feet.then sweetu greeted my mother and touched her feet too.

Then he sat down on sofa near my father.
Mummy and I brought water ,and sweets for him and roasted cashewnuts,too.
My father asked him to have them,,instead he said ,"i will take,,but first you take and served my parents"

There was nothing like breaking the initial ice,,ice had already melted...The atmosphere was now warm and comfortable.

My father asked him some things about his father,his siblings,etc.

There were moments of silence...
There were moments when only sweetu and I were speaking to each other.

We talked about his travel plan.His plans after returning back,etc.
When there was silence ,I prompted sweetu to say something,,then he asked my mother about her health,,,etc...

Then the dinner was served,,I served the dinner for father and him..He asked mom also to have dinner with them..Mom smiled..I told him that she will have it later with me..

Let me tell you the dinner menu,,""Chole pulao, chapatis ,cucumber -raita, kheer"",,that's it..

Dinner was cooked by our cook Rani,,,and I guess sweetu didnt liked the dinner...and I am sorry for that,,if I had known that ,I would have cooked the dinner myself....

Then we all had a light chat,,and then he took the leave. ..

and so the meeting ended.....


But I cant forget it...

My mom was very impressed ,,she said it appeared as he had been coming here for years...she said that she felt that my brother was sitting there in his place..

And my father didnt said anything but looked relaxed ,,and I guess he was happy too.

Now ,I think Why I love sweetu so much,,a person who can impress my parents in one meeting,,how could I have not been impressed by him..

What do you say?

3 comments:

Life Rocks!!! said...

THAT IS REALLY SWEET...I BET i KNOW WHY YOU FELL FOR THE GUY!!!

lalli said...

Hmmm so romantic n sweet guy of u huh..? All the very Best for your happy life..:):)May god bless you!!

Sophiagurl said...

He seems really sweet and I can feel that both of you are so in love =) brings back a lot of memories when my hubby met my dad =)

it was a scary moment for me because I so want my dad to like him. butmy hubby seems to know how to get around my parents. they hit it off too on the first meeting. What a lovely post, sweet girl.