Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Avi is not well

Avi, my nephew, my older sister's son, who is 2 1/2 yrs. old, is not well, he is suffering from typhoid. He lives in India and I miss him a lot. Last I saw him was a year ago when I went to India, he was very cute then.

My sister called few days ago and told me that Avi was suffering with fever from past 10 days and she doesn't know what's the problem with him. My sis is a doctor herself (microbiologist) and she was treating him for usual fever. I suggested her to visit a Pediatrics and get him checked.

Today when I called back my sister to know how Avi is doing, she told me that he is suffering with typhoid,doctor had diagnosed it and it will take a long time for him to get well. She also told me that his caretaker and his friend both are suffering from same disease so he must have caught the disease from any of them. She was really very worried for him, he is not eating anything, only having little milk. He is not taking glucose, juice or anything. If you try to insist and put into his mouth he spits that out.



This is a picture of Avi taken last year. I am very worried for him and pray to God to make him healthy soon.

Get well soon Avi.

No comments: