Friday, June 19, 2009

Just Move It

"Just Move It". I am not talking about any song but this was the slogan of the Family fun Walk in which we participated on this Tuesday. As the name suggests we had to walk in order to make ourselves healthy.Just Move it is a physical wellness program for Native Americans.

One of our friends called me and asked 'Are you guys coming for a walk?'.
I had no idea about which walk was he talking. He asked me:'didn't your husband tell you anything?'. I said no and he told me that there was a family fun walk and fun run at Moencopi and the registration will start in few minutes. I told him that I will ask my husband whether we are going for a walk or not. My husband said let's go if you want to go. I said "yeah, we should go. It will be fun."


We went there and filled the registration forms and then we were given T-shirts.




These are the pictures of front and back of T-shirt. We wore the t-shirt on our clothes. There were hundreds of people who were all gathered there for walk and run. There was a 10k Run, 5k run and 3k walk. We chose the 3k walk.

Walk was really fun, it was a different kind of experience walking together with so many people. We had to walk up hill and then on the road and then downhill and then again a little uphill.All the way during the walk there were people telling us "Good work", "keep up". They were taking pics of people, two ladies took my hubby and mine's pic during the walk. I was really tired at the end of the walk. My hubby and I go for a walk daily but I guess the route of the walk made me really tired. After reaching the destination, we were given snacks and water. I ate apple and hubby ate banana.

The walk was really fun and exciting. The weather was also very nice, sometimes it rained. The rain drops were falling on my eyes and cheeks, and it was really very refreshing.

I am ready to go for another walk, I think it's next week.

No comments: