Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hindu Temple

Hi,

I am continuing my last post. I was telling you about my visit to Scottsdale. After reaching our inn, we relaxed for couple of hours and then decided to go to the temple first. A temple is a place of worship for Hindus. The timing for the temple was 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., so in order to not be late we left our room at 5:00 p.m.

Following the directions we had downloaded from the Google Maps, we reached the Hindu Temple Of Arizona, which is located at N Hayden Road, Scottsdale. On seeing from Outside we were doubtful as to whether this is a real temple or not, but as there is a saying that 'do not judge a book by its cover', so it turned out that our suspicions were wrong.



It was a Real Temple and there were two priests, the idols of Gods were very beautiful. I took the pictures of them. We both prayed to Gods and offered coconut, and then after our pictures and prayers I took some more pictures, the main purpose of taking pictures was to show our families in India that there really is a Hindu Temple in US. I know there are lots of temples in US, but our families doesn't know that.


This was about our visit to temple, more in next posts.

No comments: